The Gandhi Model of peaceful, non-violent resistance worked in India and it worked for the civil rights movement in the United States. Unfortunately, I don’t think it will not work in Iran. The Gandhi Model only works if the ruling government is made up of people who have some basis in morality and who place at least some value on human life. But dealing with the rulers of Iran and the Basij is like dealing with a crocodile or great white shark. Passive resistance is useless.
Day: July 9, 2009
- Masks After May 11th, 2023?
- Major Price Increase for Natural Gas
- Canned Food is Fine
- General Sherman’s Prophetic Letter
- Drought Affects the Whole Country
- The Specious Appeal to Fairness
- Waterproof Lipstick is Forever
- The IRS Expansion
- Fossil Fuel Companies Hold Planet Hostage
- To Support Coal Buy an EV